If you live in the upper Midwest, you know windshield wipers are essential no matter the season. From intense summer rainstorms to sloppy winter weather, having good wipers is essential to your driving safety.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Windshield Wipers
Experts recommend replacing your windshield wipers ever 6-12 months, depending on the blade material. Signs you need to replace your wiper blades include:
- Squeaking when using your wipers.
- Streaks, smears, or missed gaps on your windshield.
- Reduced visibility even when the wipers are on.
- The wipers are detached at the joints or other connection points.
- Cracks, tears, or missing chunks from your blade.
While these signs can appear at any time, winter makes your windshield wipers more susceptible to certain types of damage. Salt on the roads can cause corrosion or even more common is blade damage from the cold weather. Rubber becomes brittle in the winter months, which can lead to cracks and tears. This can result in gaps of coverage where your windshield isn’t getting covered.
If you need help replacing your car’s windshield wipers, give us a call. We can consult on the best type of wipers for your situation and get them installed on the spot.
Auto Works – The Place Your Neighbors Trust